Thursday, March 11, 2010

The weekend came and went!

Sorry to leave you hanging...especially with nursery updates tempting you. Not a whole lot new to report; however, we did get the nursery pretty well wrapped this past weekend. I know this room is going to be a continual work in progress - it's so much fun to think up ideas! - but for now, it's ready and waiting for baby boy Anderson to make his debut. Initially, we'll have him in our room with the pack 'n play/bassinet setup, so the crib might not get a whole lot of use at first. We'll start introducing him to it during the day, but nights will be in our room (or any other time I'll be trying to catch up on sleep along with baby!). Here are some pictures...

A night-time photo...

And finally...the pregnant lady herself!

I must admit...Ty and I had a bit of a flustered panic moment with the valance. Neither of us are (and we both admitted this at the same time on Sunday) very good with interior decorating and as a result this particular component of the room proved a bit of a challenge on just how exactly the darn thing needed to go up. The hardware went up fine...that Ty has down. But...there were two panels and both seemed huge, so we tried it first with just one panel. Uh...definitely not right. We put the second on, but then the bubbles, or flaps, or whatever you call those wavy things weren't laying right. With some decent fidgeting and encouraging each other on (I think Ty asked if we still had the packaging photo at one point, which - no we didn't, but it sure would have helped!), we managed to get it to a place we were both content with. Although, I'm sure design teams on HGTV might have other things to say about the finesse of our window decoration ;).

I have another midwife appointment today and am expecting all things to look good. My tummy is getting bigger and feels as if there's no more room for this little guy to expand. The 'ole belly button hasn't popped yet, but things sure are tight. Baby boy is probably thinking the same thing, wondering why in the heck I can't make his accommodations more spacious. I'm getting pretty regular kicks to the ribs/side and upper cuts to the bladder (which feel absolutely WEIRD!). Good news is, he's head down and seems pretty content to be that way (has been since week 30). I'm coming up on 37 weeks this weekend and can't believe the end is almost near! I waver between pure elation and near fear that a BABY is on its way! Quite the emotional roller-coaster these days.

Mostly walks and yoga are my "adventures" these days. Definitely slowing down. Ty has been taking advantage of the nice, warm weather and went for two bike rides this past weekend. I'm glad he's had a chance to get out and hope we can continue to find a nice balance for both our recreation interests after baby is born. And then include little baby when he's big enough - looking forward to it!

No big plans for this weekend. I have yoga on Saturday and Ty has hockey. We'll probably continue to putter away around the house with various projects and make final preps for the big D-Day! :)

In closing, I leave you with this photo. I'll give you one guess who staged this scene, which greeted me on Saturday as I walked into the baby's room. You'd think with his fear of sharks, he would have posed this differently (monkeys can attack sharks, right?). Looks like baby boy is also doomed to fear the great whites!


We have some fun stuff happening next week - infant care class, car seat safety check, and a hockey tournament! I'll look forward to updating you as the excitement unfolds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment