Monday, February 22, 2010

What a Fabulous Weekend!

It really was a great weekend, filled with great times with family and friends. Friday started out with Ty returning home from a week in Phoenix for work. He was there for a class and although he enjoyed the sunshine, he was pretty happy to return home and I was pretty darn happy to have him home. Ty was originally slated to get in at 11:30 p.m. Friday night, but the class structure changed some (he was the only one in the class!) and he was able to switch his flight to an early a.m. departure, getting him home at noon! I took the afternoon off so we could have the time together and prep the house for Bill and Wileen to arrive as well as our good friends Casey and Jaci from Spokane.We had the BABY SHOWER this weekend and I was so happy that both Wileen and Jaci could make the trek over for the festivities.

Bill and Wileen got in around 4:00 p.m. Friday and we visited a while before heading out to my parents' house for a delicious lasagna dinner. And cheesecake! It's probably good that my tummy gets full fast at this stage of the game, 'cause I could have easily devoured more than my fair share! It was great to get the grandparents-to-be together and we all had a wonderful time visiting and catching up.

Saturday morning was laid back and mellow, with the big BABY SHOWER starting at 1:00. Casey and Jaci showed up around 12:15 and we headed over to my girlfriend Sonal's (shower hostess along with my Mom and good friend Danni) shortly after. The shower turnout was truly wonderful and I was overwhelmed with the love and generosity that poured out for me and our pending little bundle. Seventeen amazing women came together to celebrate the soon-to-be birth of our little boy. I get choked up just thinking about how fortunate Ty and I are to have grown so many friendships in the 4 years we've been here. Added proof to why we love it here so much! Around 5:00, the party had come to an end and the clean-up over, so we loaded up the car with all the loot and headed home. Jaci and I had a chance to visit until Ty, Bill and Casey made their way home from their afternoon out and about (yes...a few beers were consumed along the way) ;). We laid low Saturday night, visited, ate pizza and watched the Olympics. Just what I needed after a jam-packed afternoon!

By 9:30 a.m. Sunday, our house was quiet and empty :(. Bill and Wileen left first around 8:30 and Casey and Jaci shortly after. Needless to say, we were pretty sad to see them go - especially after such a great day Saturday. With nothing left to do but sulk ;), we went back to bed for a time and some much needed rest. When we got up, we hit the ground running. I think both Ty and I were excited to start doing some things for baby prep. After a nice, long walk in the sunshine with the pups, we worked through setting up the pack 'n play, carseat, stroller, etc. And then there were all the amazing shower gifts to get to! I worked on sorting through those while we watched the U.S. whoop up on Canada in the Olympic hockey game (the win sure added to the excitement of the weekend)!

Going through all the little baby stuff sure has got me antsy for this little guy to make his debut! We're down to a little under 6 weeks until the big due date. The nursery is coming along and I'm starting to feel more prepared. I know that will all change as soon as he gets here and we have this new little person to care for, but it's something we're so ready for. He's been busy kicking in there today, so my hunch is he's just as excited to come out as we are to have him in our arms.

I'll wrap up with a few shower photos (thanks Wileen) and a couple photos of Ty setting up the crib a few weeks back. We'll unveil the full nursery very soon! :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment